Following are some rules to help establish a common ground and foster mutual respect. These rules don’t cover every possible use of site, but they explain it's purpose and perspective. You are expected to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place.
Here is a list of things you probably already know you shouldn’t do — lie, break laws, abuse people, steal data, hack other people’s computers, and so on. Please don’t do these stuff...
- Don't break the law. Don't take any action that infringes or violates other people's rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don't lie to people. Don't post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don't do anything deceptive or fraudulent. Causes posted can't mislead people or misrepresent facts, and creators should be candid about what they plan to accomplish.
- Don't victimize anyone. Don't do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy.
- Don't spam. Don't distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters.
- Don't harm anyone's computer. Don't distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the site.
- Don't abuse other users' personal information. When you use the site - and especially if you create a successful cause - you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in your cause: don't use it for other purposes, and don't abuse it.
- Don't abuse the site. It's FREE for use by any charitable individuals, companies, schools, institutions, VWOs, groups... with the sole purpose of helping those in need. Just don't take advantage of it and post anything on the site for your own commercial/monetary gains.
And here are some of my don't...
- I don't become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the site.
- I am not responsible for the terms and privacy practices of these websites.
- I don't oversee the performance or punctuality of causes.
- I don't endorse any content users submit to the site.
Bottom line is, I will not be liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the site. When you use the site, you release me from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the site. All content you access through the site is at your own risk. I am not responsible for the terms and privacy practices of websites operated by third parties i.e. the organizers of causes and advocates, that are linked from and/or to humanity.sg. You are solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
We're in this together. Let's play nice to each other for the sake of helping those in need.